Maton Custom Shop EBG808TE ‘Tommy Emmanuel’ Personal Acoustic Electric Guitar “As New” Mar 2021
Want to trade? layby? swap? or make an offer?
Please talk with us 02 6696 3530
Tony Elder / Steve Jackson
Black Dot Music
As new traded in on a Fender Custom Shop.
If you’ve ever seen Tommy Emmanuel perform you will know he is one of the world’s greatest guitarists, and one of the most inspirational musicians on the planet.
It takes a great guitar to meet the demands of such a great player. Designed in conjunction with guitar great Tommy Emmanuel, the TE series guitars are an outstanding tribute to Tommy’s musicianship and Maton’s superior craftsmanship. Built to Tommys specifications, the TE series provides the huge tone and performance you would expect from a guitar bearing the name.
Tommy looks for a guitar with superb tone, capable of the most delicate expression as well as the most ferocious attack. The neck must stay true regardless of the rigours of international travel and the guitar needs to perform at its peak, from Rome, to Nashville, to Sydney!
Our Tommy Emmanuel models feature a Mother of Pearl block inlay on the 12th Fret, engraved with “C.G.P.” The acronym stands for “Certified Guitar Player,” a title bestowed on Tommy by Chet Atkins and held by only 3 other guitarists in the world – John Knowles, Jerry Reed and Steve Warriner.
Tommy has done Australia proud and we are honoured that he continues to use Maton as his guitar of choice.
To try this instrument please go to our Dealer Section of the website and find a dealer closest to you!
- Model: T.E Personal
- Body Shape: 808
- Face: AAA Grade Spruce
- Back and Sides: Figured Queensland Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Rosewood
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Herringbone
- Soundhole: 95mm
- Bracing: Select Grade Tone Bracing
- Inner Binding: Triple Pinstripe
- Outer Binding: Ivory ABS
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5″)
- Headstock Veneer: Walnut
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12″)
- Nut Width: 44mm (1.736″ – 1 47/64″)
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165″ – 2 11/64″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearl Dots, “C.G.P.” Individual Letters at 12TH
- Back & Sides Finish: Satin
- Top Finish: Satin
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grovers
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell Optional
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Hiscox Flightcase
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.