1959 Stratocaster Journeyman Faded Lake Placid Blue, Custom Shop, 2015 New
Fender Custom Shop 1959 Journeyman Relic Stratocaster at a Glance:
- Broken in feel and look with a Journeyman relic’d laquer finish
- Vintage correct appointments for classic feel and sound
- Hand-wound 1959 correct pickups give you the ’50s chime
Broken in feel and look with a Journeyman reliced laquer finishThough a relic’d guitar finish is almost as common these days as a flawless factory finish it the was Fender Custom Shop that pioneered the process and know it better than anyone. Fender offers different levels of relicing. One of the newer levels is the Journeyman found on the Custom Shop 1959 Strat. You get a look and feel that’s used but not abused. Imagine a loved guitar that’s been well taken care of, but also definitely been played. Totally broken in, but holds up like a brand new electric guitar.
Vintage correct appointments for classic feel and soundMany modern guitars have “improved” designs for better tone and feel, and yet so many guitarists are still chasing the experience you can only get from playing a broken in vintage Stratocaster. Get that experience, and the reliable and popular updates you need while rocking Fender Custom Shop 1959 rosewood slab fretboard Stratocaster. From the woods used and the hardware design, right down to the logo design and how many screws are in the pickguard are period correct. Why “improve” what was done right the first time?
Hand-wound 1959 correct pickups give you the ’50s chimeOne of the most important features to the authenticity of a vintage styled strat is the pickups. With the Custom Shop 1959 Strat you get a set of pickups hand-wound to the same spec at the 1959 classics. Though there are hundreds of variations out there, there’s truly nothing like the chime and bell-like tone you hear when playing through genuine vintage Strat pickups. You can be playing through that exact design very soon with the Custom Shop 1959 Strat from Fender.
Fender Custom Shop 1959 Journeyman Relic Stratocaster Features:
- Vintage style Stratocaster with vintage and modern appointments
- Broken in, but not beat up Journeyman Relic Laquer finish
- Vintage modified wiring for tonal control over the bridge pickup
- Resonant light-weight alder body
- Period correct late 1959 slab rosewood fretboard
- 1959 style 9-hole parchment pickguard
- Amazing feel with the C shaped 1959 Esquire flame maple neck
- Great vibration transfer through a bone nut
- Vintage style hardware
- Hard Case
Fender’s Custom Shop 1959 Journeyman Relic Stratocaster offers the best of yesterday and today!