NAMM 2019 re-builds – Fender “Limited Edition” Custom Shop
1955 Relic Stratocaster Sunburst
Variation Custom Build
Want to trade? layby? swap? or make an offer?
Please talk with us 02 6696 3530
Tony Elder / Steve Jackson
Black Dot Music
Sold – Thank you Michael
On Order – Michael. – Custom build. Pics of non varied model. Ordered NOS
“Custom Built – “Top 20” Special Event Guitars – Were offered by the Fender Custom Shop during the NAMM Show, until Jan 29, 2019 – for delivery later in the year”
Black Dot is excited to have ordered one of the above Limited “Top 20” Guitars.
Want to order your own using this fab guitar as a base model? 1510043803
- A “NOS” finish;
- An “AA flame quarter sawn” maple neck with medium tint – NCL;
- A 7.25” to 9.5” compound radius on the neck;
- Medium Vintage (“47095”) frets;
- No “Limited Edition” inscribed into the neck plate or on the back of the headstock.
- A period-correct Fender Custom Shop hard case.
7. NOS electronics, hardware and pickup covers in eggshell white.
8. 54 Strat pickup covers. (the ones with the rounded edges like on the 55 Strat you have on order; SKU: 9235000560
Fender Custom Shop 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- 1955 single-coil Stratocaster pickups provide classic Strat tone
- Quartersawn neck gives you ultra-stability and ultra-playability
- Relic finish and hardware for vintage vibe
1955 Single-coil Stratocaster pickups provide classic Strat tone
Bell-like, jangly, smooth, and bluesy – ask any seasoned Strat player at Sweetwater, and you’ll get slightly different descriptions as to what this iconic guitar is supposed to sound like. Words alone can’t capture the sound, but the ’55 single-coil Stratocaster pickups that Fender designed for this solidbody electric guitar certainly can. In fact, the only place the Fender Custom Shop went off-book with this 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster was the 5-way blade pickup selector they installed to give you access to those in-between tones early Strat players discovered by accident.
Quartersawn neck gives you ultra-stability and ultra-playability
The neck is one of the most important aspects of any instrument, which is why this Fender Custom Shop 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster solidbody electric guitar features a quartersawn maple neck. Besides looking good, the straight grain of quartersawn necks is about 50% more stable than plain-sawn necks, and less likely to warp, twist or shrink. You’ll also love the playability and feel of this 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster’s contoured heel when you’re playing higher up the fretboard. Down low, your fretting hand will appreciate the 9.5″ radius that keeps things nice and comfortable for natural, relaxed arpeggio work.
Relic finish and hardware for vintage vibe
As you can imagine, a true 1955 Strat would show signs of wear and tear, and this Fender Custom Shop 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster solidbody electric guitar is finished to represent those years of playing. The worn finish on the body and neck, and the aged and slightly rusty hardware will make you wonder if it really isn’t a true vintage guitar. This 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster is sure to please even the pickiest of guitar lovers.
Fender Custom Shop 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic laquer finish
- Fender’s classic 1954 “U” neck shape serves up outstanding feel
- 9.5″ radius and 6105 (medium jumbo) frets let you bend up high without fretting out
- 1955 Single-coil Stratocaster pickups provide classic Strat tone
- Modern 5-way switch wiring
- Blonde LTD hardshell case included containing a 1955 Fender Downbeat catalog insert reproduction
This Fender Custom Shop 1955 Limited Edition Relic Stratocaster is the real deal for vintage Strat fans!