Maton Mastersound MS500 Cherry
Want to trade? layby? swap? or make an offer?
Please talk with us 02 6696 3530
Tony Elder / Steve Jackson
Black Dot Music
A few small marks on then lower bout. Otherwise mint. In Maton Deluxe hard case.
From Maton …
In 1958 Bill May (Maton founder) introduced the MS500 Mastersound series to the world. Played by some of the biggest names in the business including George Harrison, the guitar has been prized by many for its revolutionary design and extreme playability. The tradition continues today with the re-issue of the MS500 series, which has been extended to include the world class MS2000 carve top solid body that even Bill would be proud of today.
Classic shape, vintage tone. An incredibly versatile guitar suited to almost any sound or player. If it’s Classic vintage tone, or the big bite cut through required for the loudest stages on today’s Rock’N’ Roll circuit, the MS500 delivers.
The construction of the MS500 starts with the Silver Silkwood body and a bolt on Queensland Maple neck.Rosewood fingerboard with Dot inlays, 25.5 inch scale and 22 frets, a Maton MVHB humbucker (coil tap) Bridge pickup and the Maton MVSC single coil for the neck, controlled by single volume and tone knobs, Coil Tap Switch, and a vintage styled 3 way chrome Rotary Selector Switch with settings of Cool, Mid-Way and Hi-Fi. Chrome stop tailpiece and bridge anchor the strings to the body that finished in Maton’s custom gloss.
The MS500 is a solid, beautifully crafted guitar that is built to last.
Last listed specs on this model.
- Model: MS500
- Shape: Solid
- Body: Quandong
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Fret Size: Jumbo Jim Dunlop 6130
- Number of Frets: 22
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12″)
- Nut Width: 42 mm
- Bridge Pickup: MVHB (Maton Vintage Humbucker)
- Neck Pickup: MVSC (Maton Vintage Single Coil)
- Controls: Vol 1. (Bridge) Vol 2. (Neck) Tone 1. (Master)
- Features Summary: -Tappable Bridge pickup, CTS Pots
- Finish Body: UV Gloss
- Finish Neck: Natural Satin
- Strings: Elixir Optiweb 10-46
- Standard colours: Black, Tobacco Sunburst, Cherry