Marshall JCM-2000 Triple Super Lead 122
Combo 2 x 12″ Speakers 2004
Sculpt an Almost Infinite Array of Tones!
Who wouldn’t love two great Marshall distortion and gain channels and one clean channel all packaged in one amp? Nobody! The TSL 100 is a 100 watt, 3 channel, all tube head that features reverb and a whole lot of Marshall sound!
Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 at a Glance:
- Three incredible sounds in one very loud package.
- Crunch: perfect for rhythm or bluesy solos.
- Lead: just what is sounds like, the Marshall way.
- Clean: a Fender-ish sort of standard sound.
Three Tones for Versatile Playing
By giving you three independent channels and many innovative features, the all-valve TSL range puts an unheard of degree of control, flexibility and, most importantly, TONE at your finger tips. From crystal clean to the mightiest Marshall roar, the TSL does it all! Marshall amps are all about TONE and FEEL and with the TSL100, you can have three variations at all times!
The Triple Super Lead is a versatile three channel amp. Think of it as three all-tube amps, each with different circuitry.
The crunch channel is similar to the second channel on a Marshall 6100LM 30th anniversary head (Joe Satriani, Alex Lifeson-Rush were 6100LM users.). This channel is perfect for rhythm or bluesy solos depending on where you set the Gain and Volume controls. Because it’s not a hi-gain channel, when you roll back the volume on your guitar it cleans up and becomes very dynamic. It’s capable of a Marshall-style clean with a little break up as player digs into the string or adjusts the volume knob on his guitar. Texas blues? Lower the gain on the crunch channel. Increase gain = more aggressive with a looser mid-range.
The lead channel is voiced like the crunch channel (loose open midrange) but with a lot more gain for leads or heavy rhythm playing. High-gain settings still have great note definition and sustain. Many competing amps lose note clarity as gain increases. The sound becomes a buzzy mess and the notes in extended/altered chords are lost but Marshalls deliver high-gain with definition. It will still clean up with lower gain settings or by backing off the volume on the guitar (very, very dynamic and touch sensitive). With high gain settings, the dynamics and response will follow every note without blurring. With fast legato lines, the amazing sustain will bloom into controlled feedback hanging on as long as you want. Ideal for singing, sustaining lead tones.
The Clean channel is Fenderish with no breakup (distortion) as the volume increases. Clean, clean, clean with no breakup, but, because it has a gain and volume control, you can add a little breakup for a bluesy type of tone. For a clean, no breakup tone, crank the volume, then slowly bring up the gain. For a bluesy tone set the gain for the right amount of grit and then bring up the volume. Great for Jazz, chicken pickin’, country and funk.
Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 Features:
- EL34 power tubes
- 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Two parallel effects loops, each with its own Mix control. If only Loop A is used, it acts as a master loop. If only Loop B is used, it acts as a loop for Crunch/Lead. If both are used A is for Clean, while B is for Crunch/Lead.
- VPR (Virtual Power reduction) switch. Knocks the power amp down to react like a 25 watt power section but with all the tubes working, so you can get tone and dynamics at a much lower volume. Great for small clubs, home practice and recording.
- Output Mute switch. Mutes the output for silent tuning and guitar changes.
- XLR emulated output. Balanced outs with speaker emulation circuitry. This with the output mute is great for late night recording sessions!
- Mid Boost button on Clean channel for increased mid range which cuts through on blues riffs
- Two Tone shift buttons. One for Crunch and one for Lead. This scoops out the mids for a clear defined tone.
- Two Deep buttons for tight, resonant low end beef that can’t be achieved by a standard EQ
- Accutronics spring reverb with level controls for Clean and Crunch/Lead channels.
- 5-way LED footswitch (PEDL00021) will change channels, turn reverb on/off, turn effects loops on/off.