1959 Fender Esquire Custom Shop Relic 2007
Blue Ice Metallic Maple Neck
Want to trade? layby? swap? or make an offer?
Please talk with us 02 6696 3530
Tony Elder / Steve Jackson
Black Dot Music
Fender Custom Shop 50’s Esquire (single pickup version of Telecaster).
Ice Blue Metallic, full relic, and with a super rare bound top!
USA Made in 2007.
Comes with original tweed case, certificate of authenticity, custom shop case candy, bridge cover, strap.
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Release Series ’50s Top Bound Esquire Relic, in a team-built limited run of only 100 guitars, is yet another unbelievable Custom Shop creation.
It’s a two-piece select alder body beauty with white top body binding and a single-ply parchment pickguard. The one-piece plain-grain ’59 V-shaped maple neck has a lightly tinted nitrocellulose lacquer finish and 9.5″-radius maple fingerboard with 21 Dunlop® 6105 narrow jumbo frets, black dot inlays and wide 12th-fret spacing. Unbelievable tone emanates from the single custom Seymour Duncan® BG Esquire Pickup with special three-way switching, and the instrument has a thin-skin nitrocellulose lacquer finish in a variety of classic Fender colours. This guitar has been given our Relic treatment, which recreates the natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, with nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
Other features include nickel/chrome hardware, Fender®/Gotoh® vintage-style tuning machines and an original vintage-style Telecaster bridge with three brass saddles. Accessories include a vintage tweed case with gold interior, strap, cable, “ashtray” bridge cover and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Telecaster®, Relic® and the distinctive headstock and body designs commonly found on the Tele® are trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
• Model Name: Fender® Custom Shop Limited Edition ’50s Top Bound Esquire Relic, Shell Pink
• Series: Limited Edition
• Colour: Shell Pink, Relic (Thin-skin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
• Body: Select Alder, Bound top
• Neck: Maple, 1 Piece, 59-style Esquire “C” shape, Lightly Tinted
• Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5″ Radius
• No. of Frets: 21 6105 Frets
• Pickups: Seymour Duncan® BG Esquire Pickup with Eldred Esquire wiring setup
• Controls: Volume, Tone
• Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade with Custom Eldred-Esquire Wiring: Position 1. Special Cap. Across Entire Pickup, (for) Position 2. Volume Control with Cap. and Tone Control with Cap. Position 3. Volume Control Only No Cap., No Tone Control
• Bridge: Original Vintage Style Tele Bridge with Three Brass Saddles
• Machine Heads: Fender®/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
• Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
• Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment, (5 Hole)
• Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
• Width at Nut: 1.650″ (42 mm)
• Unique Features: White Top Body Binding, Black Dot Position Inlays with Wide 12th Fret Spacing, Light Tint Lacquer Finish on Neck, Shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish rusty hardware and aged plastic parts
• Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel, Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046), P/N 073-0250-006
• Accessories: Vintage Tweed Hard-Shell Case, Strap, Cable, Custom Care Kit
• Case: Vintage Tweed Hard-Shell